Friday, April 17, 2020

CCR Question #3 Draft

During this process, my production skills have developed and improved. In the beginning, I had to create a schedule to get all of my pictures needed for my magazine, along with scheduling an interview with the interior designer that I know. Creating this schedule for many jobs to complete seemed overwhelming to me and I was not sure which days to set aside for specific aspects of my project, along with the other planning of the design of my magazine I had to make. I eventually picked days for everything and got everything done. For my photographs, I had to make sure they were all at the right angles so that I got everything I needed into the shots. My skills using Microsoft Publisher to edit my magazine have improved. I started out just picking out fonts and colors for my text, to having symmetry in my text and arranging many layouts. Now that we have advanced technology, I was able to make a simple way to advertise my magazine by creating an Instagram account. I learned how to specifically target a certain audience and market my product towards those people. I also started out with little knowledge about the distribution process. After researching many magazines' way of distributing their product, I got familiar with the process. I then made my own plan to make an app for smartphones and tablets. After researching some more on apps for specific magazines, I began to develop even more ideas for my own. I had then completed my whole idea for my app which included many different features. I believe that my editing skills have improved and my knowledge of the business side of magazines has evolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment