Wednesday, April 8, 2020

CCR Question #1 Draft

My magazine that I made uses many conventions of the magazines in my genre. The title of magazine is in a large, blocky font. The word stretches across the whole top of the page. This type of font is used by the "Real Simple" and "Good Housekeeping" magazines. The color of my title is bright red. Almost all of the magazines I researched had their title in a bright color such as yellow, orange, red, or white. I used the big, bold letters and a bright color for my magazine title to make it stand out. It is easier to see and read and it draws attention right away. My photographs were also very similar as the magazines I researched. For my two page article, I took pictures of the DIY decorations that were explained by the woman I interviewed. Some magazines that have pictures of all the DIY gifts, decorations, and crafts that are mentioned are "The Pioneer Woman" and "Real Simple." I used these type of pictures because it helps the readers understand the descriptions and instructions of the particular decor item. My magazine can be for people who have little to no knowledge about design crafts, so having those visual aids will help with their desired outcome. The layout of my table of contents has some of the same aspects as other magazines in my genre. There are four section headers with a few featured articles under each section. There are two columns and one of them has one picture. I used this layout for my table of contents because I wanted it to look very organized. I also was trying to make a good use of white space. Some magazines I researched have this same format such as "Southern Living" and "Good Housekeeping."

The social groups represented in magazine are mainly women, homeowners, the middle class, and people with hobbies such as decorating, cooking, or baking. My magazine has different ways in which these groups are represented. My main article is about making simple decorations with items you own in the house. One of my articles in my flat plan is about buying gifts on a budget. Most of the fun extra articles are related to fashion and makeup. The woman I interviewed is an interior designer, so her social group would be and educated woman and also someone who has a passion for designing and decorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment