Friday, April 17, 2020

CCR Question #4 Draft

I incorporated a lot of technology into creating my magazine. The main program I used to design my magazine was Microsoft Publisher. Publisher was very easy for me to use and navigate. It made making my magazine an easier process. When I first started working on my magazine, I made my cover page first. I played around with a lot of different fonts and colors to find what I thought looked best and what stood out most. For my table of contents, I had to re-arrange a lot of my articles to make everything symmetrical and have a good use of white space. There are many steps I took on Publisher to make my two page article look the way I wanted it to be. I also used the "justify" option for my text to make it symmetrical and in columns. The software wasn't too difficult to use, but it just took me a while to organize all my text and pictures to make it look a certain way. For practice, I used InDesign to learn the functions to help format my two page article, but I did not end up using this program to actually make the outcome of my magazine. I found it difficult to use and I could not remember all of the tools. The internet was very helpful to me for my research during this whole process. It was useful when I had to research my magazine genre, audience engagement, marketing, and distribution. For my photoshoot I used my phone. I have an iPhone XR, so the camera quality is pretty good and my pictures came out sharp. I tried to make sure I got good angles of all the pictures and framed them well for the photo. The last aspect of technology that I used for my project is Instagram. For my marketing plan, I made an Instagram for my magazine. I am familiar with creating an account on Instagram, so it was fairly easy for me and very quick. I then made a profile picture, a post regarding my magazine, and a caption.

No comments:

Post a Comment